Watching movies is an activity most of the love and enjoy. But we all know that the quality of media consumption experience depends on the media player one is using. Some of them lack audio codec support for certain files, while others are plagued by bugs, performance lags, and poor UI among other troubles.
This list will help the readers make the right decision when choosing the best video players; they want to watch the movies on. Each video player has a distinct set of features, making them somewhat different than each other.
Choosing the right video player is partly about the features it offers and partly about how it feels to use, and both are a bit subjective. The right choice is going to differ from person to person. Fortunately, there are lots of great free video players for Windows.
- Plays everything – Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed – MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3…
- Runs on all platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android.
KMPlayer was released in 2006 and is the premier multimedia playback program for many users in 150 countries. Optimized multimedia can be played without any setting by using self-contained codec, and advanced users can use additional external codec. Use KMPlayer to play more types of multimedia files reliably than any other player.
- Internal Codecs: The codecs come bundles with the software, hence you can watch movies quickly and efficiently.
- Video capture: Capture audio and video or screen capture is possible, and can be saved in the format you want.
- Diverse Format support: RTS, MPEG1, MPEG2, AAC, WMA7, WMA8, OGG etc
- Advanced options: Provide full control over DVD selection, Movie menus, audio menus, subtitle menus, brightness/contrast and more, to suit user needs.
- High resolution movie support: Watch movies in superb quality with support for 3D, 4K and UHD.
The GOM Player Subtitle Library has data collected for 10 years! Automatically searches and syncs subtitles for the movie being played.
Supports online search for YouTube VR videos as well as your own 360° videos. Presents highly immersive VR experiences.
Ever since the very beginning in the year 2000, the BS.Player™ has been one of the world’s most popular video players. It is popular for many reasons. One however should be pointed out: BS.Player™ is the first software movie player ever to enable its users to focus on watching the movie instead of dealing with poor computer capabilities or running around looking for a proper setting and codec. Also, it has very low CPU and RAM requirements.
Provides the maximum performance with the minumum resource using DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync.
Supports various types of 3D glasses so you can get the 3D experience anytime you want using your 3DTV or PC.
Text subtitles(SMI & SRT), DVD(Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
No need to install different codecs all the time when using the player. Supports OpenCodec so users can easily add whatever codecs they want.
Video Players Google Trends
Finally, you can see The trend of popularity Above Player in Google Trends.